Work with an IBCLC, Lactation Appointment Boutique
Research has shown that mothers who receive help in the early days tend to have an easier time breastfeeding and tend to breastfeed longer.
A private consultation would be helpful if:
- The baby is not latching on or is not nursing well within 48 hours
- You are engorged or having nipple pain more than 48 hours
- Cracked sore nipples, bleeding, blisters, nipples blanch (turn white), lipstick like crease and any other problems.
- You have had two difficult feeds in a row
- Your baby is not having at least two yellow bowel movements in a 24-hour period, after the third day
- Your baby is sleepy and has fewer than 8 feeds in 24 hours
- You feel your supply is low
- Your baby is a slow gainer
- You have plugged ducts or a red area on your breast
- Your baby clicks, dribbles milk out mouth, slips off breast, gassy, reflux, colic, sore nipples, milk blisters, history of tongue tie clipped
- You intend to return to work or school
- You wish to rent or purchase a breastpump or other nursing supplies.
Private consultations for breastfeeding mothers:
We offer private lactation support with an IBCLC (International Board Certified Lactation Consultant) in our boutique, Skype or at your home.
Always free weight checks and transfer milk checks anytime at the boutique (just drop in, no appointment needed). We will show you how to use the scale.
Boutique consult are $95.00, repeat consult $75.00 for follow up visits.
In home visit and telecommunication visits vias Skype, Messenger or Facetime are available.
What happens during a consult? Our Lactation Consultant (RN, IBCLC, CLC) will review your baby’s feeding history, assess your baby’s suck, review your medical history and past breastfeeding experiences, weigh baby and assist with a feeding. You and the LC will develop a care plan and a follow up plan, and you will have plenty of time to ask questions related to your concerns and your baby. Follow up may consist of more appointments, drop in weight checks, emails and phone calls. Appointments last from 60-120 minutes.
Schedule the appointment around a feeding, bring any devices currently used for breastfeeding and or pumping if you have breastpump questions.
Please call to book an appointment over the phone. 513-791-1089
Lactation consultation appointments are limited and sometimes there is a cancellation waiting list. Please give us 24 hours notice if you need to cancel or change your appointment time. We reserve the right to send you a bill for $95 for no-show or last minute cancellations. Thank you for understanding.